Monday, August 19, 2013

What I Am Eating

Half Eaten Garden Salad with Olives & Tuna
I believe I mentioned before, that I had been eating salads every day.  A contributor to my blog, Rin Kashikiku recently wrote about the Ketogenic Diet and I am seriously considering eating that way.  But for now, I guess you could say I am on a diet of some sort. 

Genmai Cha with Chinese 5 Spice and Cream
I am just getting too old not to eat right.  I have always looked way younger than my actual age, and I still do, I guess, but I have aged quite a bit recently, so, I decided to eat what I love.  I love fresh veggies, olives, avocados, raw cashews, home roasted +Sweet Maria's Coffee , tea (green tea is my fave), dark chocolate and cream.  So, it's been a little over a week now eating salads, and I feel much better.  More alive!

Salad Ingredients:
  • Romaine
  • Baby Greens
  • Red Onion
  • +Trader Joe's Black Olives
  • English Cucumber
  • Grape Tomatoes
  • 1 Small Can of Tuna
  • +Trader Joe's Apple Cider Vinegar
  • +Trader Joe's Olive Oil
  • Garlic Powder
  • Dried Basil
  • Dried Parsley
  • Salt
  • Pepper

Tea Ingredients:
  • 2 Genmai Cha teabags
  • Hot filtered water
  • 1/2 tsp. Chinese 5 Spice
  • A Dollop of +Trader Joe's Organic Heavy Whipping Cream
  • 2 Mini-Scoops +Trader Joe's  100% Organic Stevia Powder
I will keep you posted on what's up and I have been perusing the Keto Recipes, so I will see about making some of those and let you know how they turn out.  I do see a problem with many of the recipes.  I love eggs, but my body doesn't tolerate them well.  I grew up eating many eggs and I sure miss them.  So, I have to think of ways to make it without eggs and still get the right consistency.

Rin Kashikiku's post got a mention on twitter! Yay!

Arlene Martell @EpilepsyMoms
  Follow Follow  
 
The Ketogenic Diet Daily News is out! paper.li/EpilepsyMoms/1… ▸ Top stories today via @aarronlambert @GloriaB888 @MizzVegOns


No comments:

Post a Comment