Monday, September 2, 2013

Losing Weight on Keto

It's been about 3 weeks or so since I have been eating a very large salad every day.

It took major courage to do what I did a little over a week ago!  I stepped on the scale!  It wasn't quite as horrifying as I thought it would be, but it was way too much to bear, if you get my drift.

So this week it was a little easier to weigh myself and I had lost 14 pounds!  Talk about elation and dancing and being happy!!!  All of my efforts are paying off.

Now it's not normal and really not good to lose weight so fast, but I have been eating about 2200 calories a day, what with all the avocado, olives, olive oil, bacon, cheese, spices, vinegar and tons of various veggies.  And, they say if you weigh a lot, then you lose a lot at first, so I know, it is eventually going to be more difficult, but this feeling is wonderful.  I have so much more energy.  I can carry bags of groceries up the stairs.  That fogginess in my mind is gone and I can think more clearly. My pants are baggy!

My main motivation is remembering the difference in how I feel.  Once you have been on keto for awhile, it changes everything; but, for me anyway, if I diverge  by eating even a little sugar or sweets or bread, anything quickly metabolized, I suffer horribly.  I feel weak and sick and like I am going to die at any moment.  It is not pleasant at all.  So I remember this.  I remember the wondrous feeling of being alive and having the energy of being able to do what I like vs. that icky feeling when I eat "dead foods".

So, I just wanted to update y'all.  I am looking up lots of Keto recipes, which all look so great and wonderful, but the main ingredient in many of them are eggs.  I love eggs, but eggs don't love me, so I don't use them very often.  I will keep looking and when I start making some yummy stuff other than my salads, I will definitely post my endeavors here.

P.S. If you have any ideas on making Keto foods (pancakes, waffles, cakes, cookies, etc.) without eggs, please comment, it will be greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment