Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Lemondrop Melon

Lemon Drop Melon
I bought this Lemondrop Melon at +Sam's Club.  I had never even heard of them, so of course, I had to try one out.  It looked like a fake Cantaloupe, but was very heavy.











Lemon Drop Melon - Similar to Honeydew Melon

I let it ripen a few days before cutting it.  The inside texture is very much like a Honeydew Melon, AND IT IS very sour (but melony sweet), like a lemon.  It would be a great addition to a melon ball fruit salad with Watermelon, Cantaloupe, Honeydew and a Lemon Drop Melon.  Be sure to let it ripen, I think ours may have still been a little green, not completely sure though.  The texture was a little hard for a melon, so that is why I think it still may have been a little green, but it was delicious and I recommend giving it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment