Monday, July 22, 2013

Stuffed Celery

Yummy Cream Cheese
Sometimes I eat stuffed celery for breakfast, or even for a snack and at times, I serve it as an appetizer, with olives, before a nice meal.  It is refreshing and light and satisfying.

Ingredients:
  • 1 Stalk Celery
  • 8 Oz. Package Cream Cheese


Washing the Celery

One thing that I never realized, until recently, was the importance of using your hands to clean the center of each stick of celery.  I normally rinse the celery very well before and after cutting, but a few months back I went to put some cream cheese on and I noticed tiny egg like things stuck with a gooey substance to the stalk.  The only way it would come off was when I rubbed it under the water.
Preparing the Stuffed Celery
 So, unless you want extra protein, be sure to wash each stalk carefully.

Also another tip, if you are going to be eating the celery raw, run ice cold water over it or even let it soak in it for a bit before serving.  I do this with my lettuce when I am making a salad and it crisps it right up, so it is nice and crunchy and it does the same for the celery.

Be prepared to have stuffed celery cravings if you start eating this.  I am not sure why that is but I keep lots of celery on hand for when I just gotta have some.

I have made stuffed celery with regular cheddar cheese (put in a food processor with spices until smooth) and nut butters as well.
So Delicious!
Yummy Stuffed Celery Ready to Eat

No comments:

Post a Comment