Friday, June 28, 2013

B.B.Q. at the Park

Gotta have lots of meat for the B.B.Q.!!

Steaks, Brats, Hamburgers and Linguica



Never had Linguica before, they are pretty good if you are looking for something other than the regular fare of hot dogs.  Never had Brats before either, believe it or not.  I was very surprised at how good they were.  I guess the name "Bratwurst" doesn't do the actual Brat justice.

Buns, Buns and More Buns














 I got bulk buns from +Sam's Club and Pickles, Relish, Ketchup and Mustard from +Trader Joe's.
















Cooking the Hamburgers

We tried something different this time.  Instead of using the one-match-lighting briquettes or tons of lighter fluid, we used some cooking oil on newspaper underneath the charcoal and yeah, it takes a little longer, but there was no icky smell and the meat tasted much better.  Plus, once the charcoals were going, they were perfect and lasted a long time.  We could have cooked half a cow with them!



Our Feast - Steaks, Linguicas, Brats and Hamburgers






My "Hamburger"


















I had my burger on Sprouted Rye Bread, with tomato, onion, extra sharp cheddar cheese, pickles, ketchup and mustard (I forgot the lettuce at home).

A couple of us ate "breakfast" at the park. I made hamburgers and "hot dogs" (+Johnsonville Brat  sausages and +Silva Linguicas) for everyone else when we got home.  Later on in the evening we had steaks with left-over Brussel Sprouts and Potato Dumplings and Sauce.  The steaks were cooked to perfection and they were AWESOME!  Tip:  When cooking steaks to be eaten later, cook them a little underdone, so that when you reheat them, they will be perfect.  The next day I made hamburgers for everyone's lunches.  Check out the posts and pictures for these at We Must Eat and Drink Blog.

See original B.B.Q. post here on my What's It All About Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment