Thursday, May 30, 2013

B.B.Q. Sauced Pork Chops


Gathering the Ingredients





 
Yummy Pork Chops in Iron Skillet



 
Browning the Pork Chops


 I put three pork chops in my large iron skillet and started them on low.








After they started sizzling I added some butter to brown them up nicely.




The sauce consisted of:
  • Leftover B.B.Q. sauce (about 1/2 bottle)
  • 4 Packets Mc Donalds B.B.Q. Sauce
  • 1 Packet Mc Donalds Honey Sauce
  • 4 Packets Weinersnitchel Mustard - Heinz brand
  • 1 tsp. dried minced garlic
  • 1 tsp. paprika
  • 1 tsp. B.B.Q. Spices

 




Adding the Sauce
I spooned the sauce evenly over the pork chops, and left them to simmer on low.  I didn't use a lid because I wanted the sauce to thicken and make a glaze on top of the chops. They finished before the chops in the oven (see Evidence Post, Parsley-Sage-Rosemary-Thyme Pork Chop post and Cheddar Pork Chops Parmesan With Pasta post) .  They were fully cooked before I added the sauce so letting the chops simmer with the sauce meshed to the flavors well.





B.B.Q. Sauced Pork Chops
They were very tender and disappeared quickly.  I served the three types of pork chops (Cheddar Pork Chops Parmesan With Pasta, Parsley-Sage-Rosemary-Thyme Pork Chops, and B.B.Q. Sauced Pork Chops) on a bed of my Mexican rice (see previous post for recipe), and called it "Piled Pork-Chops on a Plate of Rice".  Everyone said I should have called them "Pile o'Pork Chops". 

No comments:

Post a Comment