Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Parsley-Sage-Rosemary-Thyme Pork Chops

I went through all the evidence left over from the 4 weeks I was gone and found lots of packets of various sauces.  I set aside the Mayo and Ranch dressing packets to use in my Parsley-Sage-Rosemary-Thyme Pork Chops, which turned out wonderfully tender with the pecans instead of the almond flour.  The pecans, which apparently have more fat really added to the texture and flavor.  See my other "Evidence" posts regarding the left-over packets to see what yummy stuff I made.

Ingredients for my Parsley-Sage-Rosemary-Thyme Pork Chops.

Since I had such a huge pack of pork chops I broke it open and put just enough on a cookie sheet.  I normally will dip my pork completely into the spices, but I thought I would try something different this time.  Instead of putting the spices all over, I would just sprinkle it on the top to save the spices from sticking to the pan and making an icky mess to clean up, and just wasting all those yummy spices when they get stuck to the bottom of the cookie sheet. This worked out well and clean-up was a cinch.

Placing the chops, just-right, onto the cookie sheet.
I measured out the spices into a bowl with the processed pecans (approximately 1 cup processed pecans in a food processor until very fine). I added a half-tablespoon of salt and pepper, and about a half-teaspoon of green leaf Stevia.  All of the following spices were 1 Tablespoon each:  Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, Thyme, and Granulated Garlic. 


Processed Pecans,Parsley,Sage,Rosemary,Thyme,Garlic and Stevia.
I mixed up the spices well and sprinkled them generously over the pork chops.
(I decided not to use the mayo and ranch since they looked and smelled a little  funny, but I would have put them over the chops like a rub before sprinkling the spices).
Raw Pork chops covered in spices - ready to pop in the oven
If you remember correctly, from my Evidence blog, I had two other types of Pork Chops I was making as well.  Since I would be using a glass pan for the  Parmesan Porkchops, I set the oven to 325 degrees and cooked both types of chops (one on each shelf) for about 2 hours. (We like our Pork cooked slowly until it is well done and practically falls off the bone).


The Pork Chops are done!  Tender and Delicious!
I love keeping a covered bowl of my Parsley-Sage-Rosemary-Thyme Pork Chops in the fridge to grab out and munch on for a quick snack, similar to eating a piece of cold fried chicken.  Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment