Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Salad and Pizza

Yummy Salad

I was a hunkerin' for a very large salad last night.  I washed some mixed baby greens and guess what?  I found a very bad weed in my salad!  I always wash my pre-washed salads a few times and then run cold water from my +ChungHoUSA   Reverse Osmosis Water Filtration machine all over it to chill it immediately before serving. From now on I will be checking much more closely to make sure there are no weeds.

The family had ordered +Dalia's pizza and a few sandwiches.  I guess Dalia's is THE new order-out place?  A lot happens when you are gone for 4 weeks. Things change, sometimes for the worse and sometimes for the better. I did try a slice of their pizza with my salad and it was really good.  I was surprised at how good their crust was.  Everyone here loves their sub sandwiches, but now we know their pizza is good too.  They gave us little container of Parmesan cheese and dried red chili peppers too (my fave).  I love adding those little peppers to my pizza...yummy!

So after placing my washed greens in a large bowl, because I  like a large salad, I washed some Roma tomatoes and a +Haas avocado.  I chopped them up in bite-sized pieces (after giving a quarter of the avocado to my youngest son) and dumped them on top of the greens.  I drizzled some fancy olive oil, +Trader Joe's Apple Cider Vinegar and some spices; basil, garlic, salt and pepper.  I forgot to add the dried parsley, but it was spectacular anyway. Pizza and Salad are the BEST together!

No comments:

Post a Comment